Senior Care in Stockton CA
Providing care for an elderly parent alone can be a stressful experience without the help of other family members. After all, it takes a village, right? Not only are you becoming stressed over your endless list of caregiving responsibilities, but the senior is probably not getting the care they need.
If you would like to share the responsibilities with siblings or other family members, here are some tips to do so.
- Have family meetings. At the beginning of your caregiving journey, hold a family meeting to discuss all of the tasks that will need to be taken care of. Involve your elderly parent in these conversations so that they are also have a voice during the meetings. Make sure everyone is in agreement when it comes to your loved one’s care.
- Ask for help. If you are feeling overwhelmed, do not be afraid to ask your family members and/or friends to help. If they are unable to, a senior care provider can be hired to assist with these tasks.
- Use social media. One of the best things about social media is the fact that it allows us to communicate with friends and family, even if we are miles apart. Utilize social media to keep everyone informed on the status of the elder. You may also want to consider starting a blog and writing out the details of how your loved one has been and any changes they have undergone.
- Talk about the finances and any other legal issues. This conversation may be an uncomfortable one, but is something everyone needs to be on the same page for. Find out if they have a living will, power of attorney for healthcare and finances, and a will. Determine who will handle the elder’s bills in order to make sure they are paid on time each month.
- Find out what community resources are available. Most cities have resources that are available for caregivers. This could include meal delivery services, transportation, and cleaning services. You should also do some research on benefits that are available for caregivers.
Taking care of an elderly loved one alone can be a stressful and overwhelming job. However, by enlisting the help of your family and friends, you will have less stress and more time to spend on yourself and your own responsibilities. A senior care provider can be hired to provide the care your loved one needs if you are unable to do so.
If you or an aging loved one are considering senior care in Stockton, CA, please contact the caring staff at ApexCare®. Proudly Serving Sacramento, Yolo, Placer & El Dorado Counties. Call Today 916-924-9111.
Since then, I have had a strong interest in helping and supporting our senior community as they age and are unable to care for themselves.Coming from a family of physicians, I am excited to be involved in the medical community by providing the highest levels of non-clinical in-home care to our clients and their families.With my work experience, I firmly believe that ApexCare can touch many lives and have a great impact on our local senior community.
Prior to joining ApexCare, I worked in a wide variety of industries and have owned multiple businesses ranging from construction to mortgage banking.Outside of work, I am an active youth soccer and basketball coach, having coached recreational soccer for over 8 years and elementary school basketball for over 4 years.I graduated with a BS in Economics from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and received a Masters of Management degree from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University.My career has been focused on building great organizations that deliver the highest absolute levels of service to our clients.I look forward to continuing this passion with ApexCare.
Latest posts by Jason Wu, President (see all)
- Announcing Care Partnership Day on October 20, 2018 - September 20, 2018
- Can Occupational Therapy Benefit My Elderly Mom? - September 13, 2018
- Congratulations Aug 2018 Caregivers of the Month! - September 13, 2018