With all of the disasters and emergencies that have occurred over the last year, we wanted to make sure that you were aware of the Emergency Alert system from the Sacramento County Office of Emergency Services.
The Sacramento County Office of Emergency Services, in partnership with Yolo and Placer emergency agencies, announce the launching of a state-of-the-art emergency alert system known as Sacramento Alert. The system provides information to residents about emergency events quickly and through a variety of communication methods.
The alert system currently includes all listed and unlisted landline telephone numbers in Yolo, Placer and Sacramento counties that are serviced by AT&T and Verizon.
To ensure emergency notices are received quickly both at work and home, residents are encouraged to log onto the Sacramento Alert Self- Registration Portal below and provide phone numbers for both home and work, including land and cell phone numbers, email addresses, TTY device information and instant messaging information. To register, go to www.sacramento-alert.org.
For Instructions Click Here: Sacramento Alert
Residents will only receive alerts that are critical and time-sensitive, including flooding, levee failures, severe weather, disaster events, unexpected road closures, missing persons, and evacuations of buildings or neighborhoods in specific geographic locations.
For additional information about how to prepare for an emergency, go to: www.SacramentoReady.org
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Emergency Notification System?
• This service allows you to opt-in to receive notifications via phone calls, text messaging, e-mail and more based on locations you care about. You can choose to receive notifications about events that may affect your home, workplace, family’s schools and more.
When will it be used?
• This system will be used to notify you about imminent threats to health and safety as well as informational notifications that affect your locations or work environments. Administrators will send notifications regarding severe weather, flooding, gas leaks, police activity and more.
Will I still get emergency notifications if I don’t sign up?
• If you don’t create a username and password, you will receive notifications only by the methods that are on file for your Organization.
What if my phone number or email address changes?
• The system is only as good as the information you provide. If your contact information changes, you can always visit your profile and update your information.
Will my contact information be shared with others?
• No. The information that you provide will be used only for this Organization for notification purposes. We will not give or sell your contact or location information to any vendor or other organization.
ApexCare®. – Call Today Toll Free 877-916-9111
Since then, I have had a strong interest in helping and supporting our senior community as they age and are unable to care for themselves.Coming from a family of physicians, I am excited to be involved in the medical community by providing the highest levels of non-clinical in-home care to our clients and their families.With my work experience, I firmly believe that ApexCare can touch many lives and have a great impact on our local senior community.
Prior to joining ApexCare, I worked in a wide variety of industries and have owned multiple businesses ranging from construction to mortgage banking.Outside of work, I am an active youth soccer and basketball coach, having coached recreational soccer for over 8 years and elementary school basketball for over 4 years.I graduated with a BS in Economics from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and received a Masters of Management degree from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University.My career has been focused on building great organizations that deliver the highest absolute levels of service to our clients.I look forward to continuing this passion with ApexCare.
Latest posts by Jason Wu, President (see all)
- Simplifying Care When Traveling for the Holidays - November 16, 2018
- Free Senior Health & Fitness Fair, Saturday Nov 17th - November 12, 2018
- Caregivers of the Month for October, 2018 - November 12, 2018