ApexCare will be hosting an event with the Yolo Coalition to Honor Choices.
This event will be presented by the Yolo Coalition to Honor Choices. This event is an opportunity to talk about your wishes during a serious illness or at end-of-life. Our goal is to provide education and support to complete your written directives, as well as to speak with your family and your physician about your wishes.
We’ll start by watching two brief media pieces, followed by a facilitated discussion.
Our media pieces include:
(1) Reflections on End-of-Life Care: I’m Not a Mind Reader – This personal story is from a widow whose husband was unwilling to have a conversation about his end-of-life wishes, and why she feels these discussions are so important to have early.
(2) Preparing for a Good End-of-Life – This TED talk is about a couple who were able to achieve their end-of-life goals, for themselves and for the ranch they loved, and how they made it happen.
The event details are below:
Date: Thursday, September 6th, 12:30 pm
Location: Winters Community Center – 201 Railroad Ave, Winters, CA 95694
For More Details, Please Click Here: Advanced Care Planning Event
About the Yolo Coalition to Honor Choices
The Yolo Coalition to Honor Choices was formed in 2018 to support advance care planning in the communities of Yolo County. This collaboration builds on the work many organizations have already done individually. Members include the Alzheimer’s Association, Citizens Who Care, Davis Community Church, Del Oro Caregiver Resource Center, Woodland Healthcare, Listen-Ink, Sutter Health-Davis, Yolo Healthy Aging Alliance, and Yolo Hospice.
ApexCare Home Care Call Toll-Free: 877-916-9111
Since then, I have had a strong interest in helping and supporting our senior community as they age and are unable to care for themselves.Coming from a family of physicians, I am excited to be involved in the medical community by providing the highest levels of non-clinical in-home care to our clients and their families.With my work experience, I firmly believe that ApexCare can touch many lives and have a great impact on our local senior community.
Prior to joining ApexCare, I worked in a wide variety of industries and have owned multiple businesses ranging from construction to mortgage banking.Outside of work, I am an active youth soccer and basketball coach, having coached recreational soccer for over 8 years and elementary school basketball for over 4 years.I graduated with a BS in Economics from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and received a Masters of Management degree from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University.My career has been focused on building great organizations that deliver the highest absolute levels of service to our clients.I look forward to continuing this passion with ApexCare.
Latest posts by Jason Wu, President (see all)
- Free Senior Health & Fitness Fair, Saturday Nov 17th - November 12, 2018
- Caregivers of the Month for October, 2018 - November 12, 2018
- Caregivers of the Month for October, 2018 - November 9, 2018