Carpeting can be a luxurious addition to the home, making it look beautiful and adding a comfortable feeling underfoot. Unfortunately it can also harbor mold, mildew, dirt, dander, bacteria, fungus, and other contaminants that can lead to a carpet that looks dingy and smells dank. Keeping the carpet clean is an important part of keeping your parent’s home fresh, healthy, and comfortable. As family caregiver you want to make sure that you can help your parent maintain a clean and fresh home, but you also do not want to spend too much time devoted to these cleaning tasks each day. Fortunately there are some simple tips and tricks that you can integrate into you cleaning efforts to keep their carpet at its best and help your parent stay healthier and more comfortable without stretching your schedule.
Use these tips to help keep your parent’s carpet healthy and clean:
- Vacuum regularly, even in areas that are not frequently used, to remove dust, dirt, dander, and other potential contaminants. Be sure that the vacuum you use is clean and emptied after each use.
- If the carpet gets wet, make sure that it is thoroughly dried as quickly as possible. This helps to prevent the moisture from getting to the padding and under layers, potentially leading to the growth of mold and mildew.
- Help to draw out dry dirt, hair, dander, and other potential contaminants to make the carpet cleaner and fresher by sprinkling the carpet with a combination of baking soda and borax, leaving the mixture for 15 minutes, and then vacuuming.
- Freshen the carpet and quickly fill the home with a wonderful smell by scenting the vacuum. Simply add a favorite fragrance oil to the baking soda mixture before adding it to the carpet or adding dry scents such as rosemary to the carpet bag before vacuuming.
If you have been looking for ways to improve your parent’s quality of life and enhance their later years, now may be the ideal time for you to consider starting home care for them. Whether your senior needs extensive care and assistance, or would simply benefit from extra companionship and diversification of care and social engagement, an in-home senior care services provider can be exactly what they need. By creating a highly personalized approach to care, support, assistance, and encouragement, this care provider can help your loved one manage their individual needs, challenges, and limitations in the way that is right for them, while also helping them to pursue an active, engaged, fulfilling, and independent quality of life. When it comes to helping them keep their home fresh, clean, and healthy, this care provider can help your parent come up with a routine, choose cleaning techniques that work for your parent’s home and abilities, and helping them to modify cleaning tasks so that your parent can enjoy a clean, healthy home and get the sense of accomplishment of knowing that they are taking proper care of their home.
If you or an aging loved one are considering home care in Modesto, CA, please contact the caring staff at ApexCare®. Proudly Serving Sacramento, Yolo, Placer & El Dorado Counties. Call Today 916-924-9111.
Since then, I have had a strong interest in helping and supporting our senior community as they age and are unable to care for themselves.Coming from a family of physicians, I am excited to be involved in the medical community by providing the highest levels of non-clinical in-home care to our clients and their families.With my work experience, I firmly believe that ApexCare can touch many lives and have a great impact on our local senior community.
Prior to joining ApexCare, I worked in a wide variety of industries and have owned multiple businesses ranging from construction to mortgage banking.Outside of work, I am an active youth soccer and basketball coach, having coached recreational soccer for over 8 years and elementary school basketball for over 4 years.I graduated with a BS in Economics from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania and received a Masters of Management degree from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management at Northwestern University.My career has been focused on building great organizations that deliver the highest absolute levels of service to our clients.I look forward to continuing this passion with ApexCare.
Latest posts by Jason Wu, President (see all)
- Simplifying Care When Traveling for the Holidays - November 16, 2018
- Free Senior Health & Fitness Fair, Saturday Nov 17th - November 12, 2018
- Caregivers of the Month for October, 2018 - November 12, 2018